Choosing the best wedding photographer for our wedding is a very important thing in the wedding.
Wedding pictures are some of the pictures that families cherish the most, and they are passed down through the years, shown nicely in picture frames for many years on shelves across the country. This makes hiring the right wedding photographer not only a good idea, but also a necessity. Since obviously, the wedding is going to be over in no time. If you don’t have a good photographer, your wedding may not be recorded the way that you had hoped.
Fortunately, there are quite a few top notch wedding photographers around. And all you have to do to find the best photographer is to do your research beforehand. These suggestions will ensure that the picture frame you have on your mantel will contain a wedding photo that you love:
• Select a photographer that someone you know has already used. Ask the individuals who are dearest to you to give you some recommendations. If you know somebody who has gotten married recently then ask if you can take a look at their pictures and see if they liked their photographer’s work.
• Check any wedding photographer that you’re considering hiring for your wedding through something called the Better Business Bureau. The BBB will probably have a bad record on them if they turn out to be a sham.
• Meet with more than one wedding photographer. This will give you a better concept of what kind of person the wedding photographer is, what services they offer, their prices, and the level of quality of their work. A great photographer will have a portfolio of their work, both in an actual portfolio, and usually, online, on their professional website.
• Be sure to determine if the person you meet with is the person who will actually be photographing your wedding. Talking with the actual photographer is important in making your hiring decision. You should be able to build a rapport with the wedding photographer in order for them to understand exactly what you are looking for in your pictures. If you aren’t comfortable with them, chances are high that your discomfort will show through in the photos they shoot.
• Ask not only their prices, but ask them to reveal any other fees that you might be faced with. For instance, if the photographer works with a helper, is the cost of hiring the assistant incorporated in the fee?
• When interviewing photographers, ask for referrals, and then actually call the references that they give you and discover what his previous clients think about his work. Never hire a wedding photographer that has no references.
• Ask in advance about what the timing looks like for delivery of proofs and other items you order. Will you be allowed to keep the proofs as well as the negatives?
• Is the photo package that you select customized or set? How many pictures do you get for the price? And what about photo albums, enlargements, and reprinted pictures? Will any of your prints be framed, and also is the cost of the actual picture frame part of the cost?
• Is there a deposit required to retain the services of the photographer?
Regardless which photographer you decide to hire for your wedding day, be sure to get everything that the two of you discuss in written form. The only way to be sure that a photographer is held accountable is with a contract.
So keep these tips in mind and then you can go looking for a wedding photographer as soon as you’d like to.